Re: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:04:40 +1100

    Timothy> We can't make it atomic.

    Timothy> We *might* be able to make it take a switch to just stomp
    Timothy> on things it doesn't understand, but that gets to be
    Timothy> pretty similar to just removing and recreating your
    Timothy> workspace.

    >> What version of monotone is this?

    Timothy> All versions.

I tried updating to a version that creates a directory, when the
directory already exists, with monotone 0.34.

It complained that there was a conflict, and didn't update anything.

Maybe I misunderstood the condition that caused J Becker's problems
though.

Or maybe my test case was too simple.

    Timothy> We can probably make it recoverable/restartable, just
    Timothy> keep track of what we still had left to do.

I guess another option would be to guess what error conditions might
exist before making any changes.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>