Re: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Directory already exists?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:15:11 +1100

    >> if a directory already exists, so what?  presume it was already
    >> added by a incomplete update and continue....

    Timothy> We currently think of directories as objects, so stomping
    Timothy> on an existing directory is just as bad as stomping on an
    Timothy> existing file.

I consider this a good thing. If I manually created a directory and it
conflicts with an update, chances are I didn't realize that the
directory name was already in use. I don't want monotone to assume
that the purpose of the new directory is compatible with the directory
in the repository, as this may not be the case.

It could be, for example, that somebody else has already started
implementing that feature, presumably in a completely different way.

Arggh! ;-)
--
Brian May <address@hidden>