[Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: How will policy branches work?

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: How will policy branches work?
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:36:27 +0200

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:20:40 +0200, Brian May <address@hidden> wrote:

"Boris" == Boris  <address@hidden> writes:

Boris> The problem is the co-worker shouldn't be allowed to check out the
    Boris> files  at all. Management doesn't want anyone else except the
Boris> responsible developers to see the source code. That would need to be Boris> guaranteed by the version control system - easy if it's a centralized Boris> one, arguably more difficult if it's a distributed one. I don't know Boris> if this will ever be possible with monotone (I don't even know if Boris> such a scenario is supported by any other distributed version control
    Boris> sytem) but these are the  requirements I face. :)

Maybe I missed something, but do you realize you can control what
branches people are allowed to *read* from a server?

Yes, you missed something. :) I also need to control what people send each other when they synchronize their databases without the central server - at least to a certain extent.

Boris