Re: [Monotone-devel] list branches on server?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] list branches on server?
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:13:38 +0200

Stephen Leake schrieb:
> Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 09:44 -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:
>>> Is there a way to list the branches in a database on a server, without
>>> downloading the whole database?
>> Not yet, that happens after we move to ssl transport and enable
>> 'automate stdio' over the network.
>
> That makes sense.
>
> How is that going? I have some time to spend; can I help in some way?

One of the currently unresolved issues I can think of here is the
security model which has to be applied. For now the `automate` interface
has no security model at all, thus you can do everything on the database
as soon as you get access to a running instance.

Maybe we should get an idea of how to manage security here first?

Thomas.