Re: [Monotone-devel] list branches on server?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] list branches on server?
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:40:22 -0400

Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 12:31 -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> writes:
>
> I suppose the thing to do would be to first migrate to asio (or some
> other library) with the current netsync, and then once that's working
> turn on the ssl parts and strip out the now-redundant hmac and
> authentication stuff and check against the ssl client certificate
> instead.

Ok.

Building that branch on Debian dies in netsync.cc on:

#include "netxx/address.h"
#include "netxx/peer.h"
#include "netxx/probe.h"
#include "netxx/socket.h"
#include "netxx/sockopt.h"
#include "netxx/stream.h"
#include "netxx/streamserver.h"
#include "netxx/timeout.h"
#include "netxx_pipe.hh"

so apparently we need to edit netsync to use asio.

> So the question is, what needs to be done on the asio branch? And how
> can we mitigate the problems people have with linking against boost?

Do we have a list of such problems? Maybe we can just assume boost got
better :).

configure says mtn requires asio 1.2; Debian 5.0 (lenny stable) has
only asio 1.1.1. sid unstable has asio 1.4.1; that might be promoted
to stable before we get done with this :).

--
-- Stephe