Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 19:20:40 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Please review the branch and tell me what you think. If you think this
> is good as is to land in mainline, cool, then I'd happily see that as
> one of the last few features for the upcoming release.

This looks very good. I have a couple issues:

When I upgrade mtn, will my existing workspaces get registered on the
next commit (or some other command)? Or do we need to provide a new
command for that? From the code, it looks like workspaces only get
registered when they are created, or the db is changed.

In work.cc read_options file, it doesn't set opts.dbname, dbname_given,
or dbname_type if the db read from the options file is :memory:; it
leaves it empty. On the other hand, write_options_file doesn't write
:memory:.

So either read_options_file doesn't need to check for :memory:, or both
should report an error if :memory: is encountered, or both should allow
:memory: .

I can't think of a use case where :memory: makes sense in a _MTN/options
file, so declaring it an error would make sense.

I'm running all the tests now on Debian and Windows.

--
-- Stephe