Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:00:10 -0500

On 05/25/2010 02:02 AM, Thomas Keller wrote:
Am 25.05.2010 04:42, schrieb Timothy Brownawell:
On 05/23/2010 05:08 PM, Thomas Keller wrote:

One of the tests has two "foo.mtn" databases in different managed
directories. It looks like in this case there's no way to use either of
those as a managed database, because they can only be found by giving
the full path?

Thats right - I don't plan to support equally named databases in
different locations. Such a case should merely act as a reminder for the
user to rename one of the two to a more distinct name.

When the second managed 'foo.mtn' is added, any existing workspaces that had been set up with ':foo' will lose track of their database. I could see this confusing people... but then it can only happen if you're mucking about in those hooks, so you'd presumably know what you'd done.

What's the reason for allowing multiple directories of managed databases? Only having one would get rid of the ambiguity case here, and would also mean you can't get confused by which managed directory a new database gets put in.

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net