Command name separator [Was: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.expe

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Command name separator [Was: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 19:16:45 +0200

Am 26.05.10 17:11, schrieb Derek Scherger:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> There are now three new commands, register-workspace,
>> unregister-workspace and cleanup-workspace-list, in
>> d9da4bb2f1e5c7d80912531327ce4f727e2adad6. I think this shoudl be
>> sufficient.
>>

> Sounds reasonable ... but ... we now have commands_with_underscores and
> commands-with-dashes. Do we really want both styles? Personally I'd prefer
> the dashed variant (and there's a really old stale branch
> ...commands-with-dashes or something like that that tried to switch the
> existing commands over).

I'm all for it - except that it means that we'd have to change the names
of all automate commands for that. What about that - make automate
commands use underscores just like it is now (since these commands have
a more API styled interface anyways) and make everything else use dashes...?

Whatever we come up with here, its a bit out of the scope of this branch
- lets get this merged at first and make the other change later :)

Thomas.