[Monotone-devel] Please explain the release notes...

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Please explain the release notes...
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:58:54 +0100 (CET)

In the release notes, there's a section saying we need to check a
minimum set of targets:

1) Make sure that the buildbot looks reasonably green.  Let's not
   release stuff that's known to be broken on any major platforms, eh?

   Also check that the following Makefile targets work:

    Unix and Win32: all check

    Unix : doc/monotone.pdf doc/monotone.ps distcheck dist distclean

    Win32: win32_installer

What I'm wondering is this whole set of check, distcheck, dist and
distclean...  distcheck calls the targets check, dist and distclean
plus a whole bunch more, why do we need to try more than distcheck?

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/