Re: [Monotone-devel] Please explain the release notes...

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please explain the release notes...
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 02:40:22 -0400

Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:

> I take it distcheck isn't exactly Win32 friendly...

Right. It's also not needed on Win32; we don't expect people to be
creating new distributions there.

Same for Cygwin; distcheck doesn't work there (I don't remember exactly
why), so I suggest we give separate requirements for Cygwin as well.

> stephen_leake> What list of targets are you actually proposing?
>
> For Unix, I propose this
>   all doc/monotone.pdf doc/monotone.ps        (build targets)
>   distcheck                           (test and source packaging target)
>
> For Win32, I guess it would be:
>   all                 (build target)
>   check                       (test target)
>   win32_installer     (packaging target)

For Cygwin:

  all                   (build target)
  check                 (test target)
  ?                     (packaging target)

We don't have the Cygwin packaging code in the monotone repository. I
think we should, since it is needed on Win32 to support file: and ssh:
sync.

> (this makes me think that we might want to have the build master
> orchestrate an installer build whenever a new tag is received.
> THAT would be a pretty cool use of it, and we certainly can have
> that happen when it's convenient for the slaves)

If the build master could also put the installer on the download page,
that would be nice.

--
-- Stephe