Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM E

From: Eric Parsonage
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encoder Board
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:15:17 +0930

Hi Ana

Minimally you need signals and ground wired from the receiver to the encoder board you then have a choice of powering the receiver (and any extra servos plugged into it from either your Tiny or an external power supply. The choice you make here depends on the current draw you expect. If you power the receiver and any servos plugged into it from the Tiny then you need to connect the power from the encoder board to the receiver, otherwise you will be connecting it from your external power supply. On some ppm encoder boards you need to set a jumper/solder link so that the ppm encoder board will power the receiver.

Eric