Re: [Paparazzi-devel] update rate for IR sensor

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] update rate for IR sensor
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:21:09 +0200

Hello,
you can use the razor IMU (about 70 Euro) or a self made PCB. The sensors cost below 20Euro.
Also you can by a 99$ imu with the filter software and a atmega from the diyrdrohens shop: http://store.diydrones.com/category_s/12.htm.
regards

Heinrich

Tilman Baumann schrieb:
On a related note. Why have all paparazzi IMU so far been addon modules
with considerate computing power on board?
Would it not be cheaper to have the filtering and integration done on the
paparazzi board?
There is probably a good reason for that, I wonder what it is. Compute
power or just the fact that others have already solved the problem?

Sorry for the noise, but I was always wondering about this. All IMU
referenced n the wiki are very expensive, and I wonder if this needs to be
so.

 Tilman

C.KUO wrote:

   The IMU we are use is connect to tiny though SPI as we want to use
other chip to compute attitude information.