Re: Pingus Readme

From: Jarno Elonen
Subject: Re: Pingus Readme
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:41:04 +0300

> I think the readme for users should also be in HTML format, instead of
> plain text.

No, please don't. The documentation on a larger scale can be HTML, but please
keep the READMEs plain text - they are read when unpacking and compiling,
after all, and that usually happens on the command line.

If you want structure, or want to have HTML also, how about trying
reStructuredText? I've used it on many projects, including my own website.
Works like charm.

See for example:

  http://elonen.iki.fi/code/nanohttpd/nanohttpd.txt and the generated HTML:
  http://elonen.iki.fi/code/nanohttpd/