Re: Pingus Readme

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Pingus Readme
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:52:06 +0100

> There's no problem in adding a .txt for the sake of Windows users. As to
> reading the license - I doubt that many people have ever read the GPL,
it's
> like the click-through licenses in a Win32 environment. It's a matter of
> legal standing - the license must be included.
I know, but does it have to be included separately? I tacked it at the
bottom of the readme where it wouldn't bother anyone. On Windows a file
called COPYING is a bit vague, as thats not where anyone would expect to
find a license.

> For the linefeed - I guess using the Unix variant is better because the
> likelyhood of Win32 users reading those files is even less and at least
> notepad can cope with it.
Notepad can't cope with line feed, it just puts all the text on one line and
inserts squares where line ends used to be. Thats one of the advantages of
HTML - all web browsers accept all line ends.

Neil