Re: Pingus Windows Installer

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Pingus Windows Installer
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:52:13 +0200

Am Do, den 15.04.2004 schrieb Neil Mitchell um 22:27:
> > - You don't get to read the GPL... This is a problem as the "ABSOLUTELY
> > NO WARRANTY" trash also concerns the installer. I would add that for
> > your own safety.
> I work on the basis they don't know me, so they don't know where to send the
> summons :) Probably safer your way though, just to add a no warranty message
> in one corner (clicking through on the GPL seems just painful, given its a
> long and dull license)

We're not forced to display the GPL first for legal reasons. You need to
this for contract "licenses". In our case a user has no right at all to
the code (default) unless there's a license file stating something
different. Therefore a user is forced to abide by the GPL residing in
the directory because there's nothing else that gives him/her any rights
to the program.

> 0.6.1 will have a Windows binary, and that was due for release 15/04/2004
> (today), so should be out soon.

I hope so. ;-)

> Once the installer is in the SVN I'll start making changes to it, and make
> patches against that. I don't want to do much more before it has version
> control because its a pain zipping and uploading it, and it works well
> enough so don't want to break it.

Yes, yes, send me mails to remind me. I'll put it into svn right now.