pspp-dev

Re: gtk3 and master double patches should better be applied to master an

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: gtk3 and master double patches should better be applied to master and then merged
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:23:44 +0200

In the past, we've tried to avoid merging too often.

Many of the bugs you've reported recently are in fact bugs present in both
branches, but for whatever reason only manifest themselves in gtk3
In this case, where it seemed to be appropriate I applied the patch to both
branches.

Like you say, this does mean that when the merge does occur, two entries for
the same commit will be seen in the merged result.

I don't mind if we want to change our policy and apply such changes to master,
then immediately merge to gtk3.

On the other hand, maybe we're not too far away from the point where we can
completely migrate to the gtk3 branch?

J'