pspp-dev

Re: gtk3 and master double patches should better be applied to master an

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: gtk3 and master double patches should better be applied to master and then merged
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 14:11:42 +0200

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 02:21:11PM +0200, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:

     > On the other hand, maybe we're not too far away from the point where we
can
     > completely migrate to the gtk3 branch?

     After the more cosmetic questions the interesting one... There are still
of number of deprecated warnings. On debian 8 I cannot see the selected cells
when the default Adwaita scheme is active. What would be the criteria for a
merge? No deprecation warnings? Some testing on debian 7, debian 8, mac? Does
the gtk3 branch build on all platforms today?

I think we can  live with deprecation warnings at least in the short term.

I'm hoping, that some future Gtk+ version will have a GtkTreeView widget
(or some other widget) which is flexible enough that we don't have to
maintain our own sheet widget.  If that happens, then most of the deprecation
warning will go away.

In the mean time, it might be sensible to try to eliminate all those
deprecation warnings which do not come from pspp*sheet*.c

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3