pspp-dev

gtk3 - how it is today / should gtk3 be merged to master?

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: gtk3 - how it is today / should gtk3 be merged to master?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 21:17:50 +0200

Am 19.05.2015 um 14:11 schrieb John Darrington <address@hidden>:
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 02:21:11PM +0200, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:

On the other hand, maybe we're not too far away from the point where we can
completely migrate to the gtk3 branch?

    After the more cosmetic questions the interesting one... There are still of number of deprecated warnings. On debian 8 I cannot see the selected cells when the default Adwaita scheme is active. What would be the criteria for a merge? No deprecation warnings? Some testing on debian 7, debian 8, mac? Does the gtk3 branch build on all platforms today?

My impression of the state today thanks to the compile and run tries from Harry and Jeremy is

Debian7/Debian8:
I cannot make it crash. Display is o.k.
I guess a minor known problem: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45215
Regression passes. Lots of deprecation warnings.

MacOS:
Compiles and runs.
Seems to be a restricted problem: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45192
Regression passes when I switch off the axis labeling in histogram drawing.

Windows:
Compiles and runs but crashes when a window is resized…
I consider this a major problem.
I only made some mini tests on MacOS and Debian. Maybe some more dialogs have issues.

So: What should happen, before gtk3 is merged to master?

Friedrich