qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/21] target-arm queue

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/21] target-arm queue
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 10:22:03 +0100

Hi Peter,

On 2/2/21 6:54 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Mostly just bug fixes. The important one here is
>   hw/intc/arm_gic: Fix interrupt ID in GICD_SGIR register
> which fixes a buffer overrun that's a security issue if you're running
> KVM on Arm with kernel-irqchip=off (which hopefully nobody is doing in
> a security context, because kernel-irqchip=on is the default and the
> sensible choice for performance).

FYI Prasad mentioned a CVE was requested:
https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg778659.html

As you said it is an odd configuration, I am not sure it is worth
to wait for the CVE number to add it to the commit (which helps
downstream distributions tracking these).

[updating]

Just got detail from Prasad on IRC, it usually takes ~1 day to get
the CVE number assigned, so maybe worth postponing this until tomorrow.

Prasad, can you reply to this message ASAP once you get the number?

Thanks,

Phil.