Re: [RP] Fundamental Question

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Fundamental Question
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 12:23:13 -0800

>Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 09:36:36 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Chunky Kibbles <address@hidden>
>Sender: address@hidden
>
>Actually, I've worked out what was going wrong:
>xterm core dumps whenever it tries to run under ratpoison on my
>machine [RH6.2, X335, kernel2217, ratpoison version 005 and CVS]

Hmm. this is a problem. I have access to some redhat machines. I'll
see if I can replicate this behavior...

>As a result, I couldn't get any wndows up [I removed the emacs code; I
>use vi...]

Ahh yes, a vi user! Welcome!

>Pushing C-t C-w didn't show anything...

If there are no windows opon, you shouldn't see anything. If there are
windows open, however, and you don't see a green bar with the window
names in it pop up then that's a problem!

>Anyway; I changed the source so it opens an aterm [bleargh; but better
>than a gnome-terminal or a eterm]
>And now it all palys nice.

Excellent!

>I have to say; this is a REALLY nice window manager. At least, I play
>games a lot... and this works really well for it.

I'm glad you like it!

--
Shawn Betts