Re: [RP] xterm size borked

From: Chr. v. Stuckrad
Subject: Re: [RP] xterm size borked
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:55:40 +0100

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 03:27:19PM -0800, shawn wrote:

> This has been a problem for some time now. I've just downloaded rxvt's
> source (which exhibits the same behavior) to see if I can track it
> down.

This 'Problem' seemingly exists in nearly all Terminal-Programs
I used before :-)

If you hit the Program with ConfigureNotifies FAST ENOUGH,
you'll get the strangest combinations of font/window/line/column/size...
Even if you generate those from inside the Program by changing the
fontsize.  Especially 'rxvt' (which I prefer! even it problematical)
does sometimes change the geometry when being supposed to change the
fontsize only.

> opening an xterm the problem is fixed. I'm guessing since xterm gets a
> new ConfigureNotify event so long after it started up, it now responds
> to it and properly updates...
Seems to be exactly this :-)

May be later somebody can implement something like a
list of Programs to be hit with a 'delayed maximize' ?

Stucki

--
Christoph von Stuckrad       * *  | nickname  | <address@hidden> \
Freie Universitaet Berlin    |/_* | 'stucki'  | Tel(days):+49 30 838-75 459 |