[RP] CVS updates

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: [RP] CVS updates
Date: 13 Feb 2001 20:34:57 -0800

My sourceforge ssh access finally returned as mysteriously as it
disappeared.  I committed a whack of changes to the CVS tree.

Check the NEWS file for the details, or perhaps the documentation (as
of this writing I haven't updated that yet).  It might be updated by
the time you read this.

What I added was the ability to run commands by name, a la screen.
'C-t:' will bring up a colon prompt where you can type ratpoison
commands.  It hopefully works similar to screen, but much more
incomplete.  For instance:

:next

will take you to the next window, just as though you typed 'C-tn'.

:number 3

will take you to window 3

:select em

will take you to emacs

:select

will prompt you for a window name

Notice this means that 'C-t:' no longer runs shell commands.  This
binding has been moved to a more sensible home at 'C-t!'.  It will
also now accept arguments, so you can type

C-t! xmessage foo bar baz

and it will work.  The shell command name is exec, so this even works:

: exec xmessage foo bar baz

Useless eh?  Actually, no, this is how all of the keystrokes now work,
it actually runs colon string commands that are parsed just as though
you typed them manually.  Look at actions.c for a slightly cleaner
key_actions table than last time round.

Now that this is all in place I should be able to have runtime
key-binding working in the next couple of days.

Oh, ya.  I brutalized the look and feel of the message/window bar
too... it defaults to black on white, but you can still use colors if
you want.  I removed the bold coloring, so we only use 2 colors now
and not 3, much cleaner I think.

Please test and comment, criticize, hack, patch, etc.

Ryan

--
Did you GAIN WEIGHT in th' past 5 MINUTES or am I just DREAMING of two
 BROCCOLI FLORETS lying in an empty GAS TANK?