[RP] Ratcontrol

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: [RP] Ratcontrol
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:07:32 +0200

Why did this enter the code? I guess i'm not the only one annoyed by it...

"
** rat cursor changes

When you hit the prefix key the rat cursor changes to a square to tell
you what it is waiting for another key.
"

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 10:58:40PM -0700, shawn wrote:
> Its an unfortunate and depressing reality, but adding mouse support to
> ratpoison isn't going to make it better.

Does anyone see a good way to use copy'n'paste operations ratless? Anything
that really is fast to work with and works between applications.

> The problem with focusing the window under the pointer is that you
> then get a big fat cursor on your window. banishing the mouse with a
> quick flick of the wrist or with :banish does a nice job of getting
> the cursor out of my face. I haven't used unclutter but it could prove
> useful in this case. Perhaps a command that focused the window with
> the pointer in it could solve this...

I mostly use gnome-terminals which hide the cursor automatically as soon as you
type anything. That's a nice feature.

> Let us not forget that the window does have mouse focus...

Got damn! You're right! I didn't realize that. Copy-paste works perfect i see.
As long as there is no need to scroll the windows of course. That requires
keyboard focus most of the time.