Re: [RP] The bad old days, and the delay after hitting C-t...

From: Ben Leslie
Subject: Re: [RP] The bad old days, and the delay after hitting C-t...
Date: Wed Nov 21 14:44:03 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Mike Meyer wrote:

> Ben Leslie <address@hidden> types:
> > Ok, my hack on keylaunch now seems to have this working nicely.
> >
> > Here is an example my config file. Alt-Enter will start an rxvt,
> > Everything after break= uses the normal C-t prefix.
> >
> > key=..*Return:rxvt
> > break=
> > key=...m:rp_select_start.sh mutt right "rxvt -e mutt"
> > key=...e:rp_select_start.sh emacs left xemacs
> > key=...g:ratpoison -c "colon exec galeon -w http://www.";
> >
> > I have cut all the key bind stuff out of ratpoison which is a good
> > thing imho. Almost all functionality has been duplicated with
> > a decent keylaunchrc file.
>
> Cool.
>
> > Missing functionality includes bind, unbind and help, since these
> > all rely on rp handling the keybindings.
>
> Bind and unbind naturally don't need to be there. Help needs to come
> from keylaunch. It would be nice if it could provid it. The best
> solution would be for the keylaunch rc to be more readable, so you
> could do something like:
>
> C-S-? xterm -e less ~/.keylauncrc
>
> and it would display something that looks like the current help screen
> in a manageable window.

Yeah I would agree with making the rc file a bit more readable. I
stayed with the old version simply because I didn't plan on spending too
much time coding this up, more proof of concept that we don't need
keystroke handling in rp.

I'll try and clean it up today and put it up somewhere tonight.

Cheers,

Ben