Re: [RP] The bad old days, and the delay after hitting C-t...

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] The bad old days, and the delay after hitting C-t...
Date: Fri Nov 30 10:21:02 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:55:53AM -0800, Ryan Yeske wrote:
> > Let's call it dedicated systems instead.
>
> you do use a keyboard with it though right?

Yupps.

Not until know do I really get the point. (Although I tought I got it
before)

Now that I really gained awareness of the whole problem I must say that
a vote for removal of keyboard handling could be in place.

Let's put it this way. If you had an embeded system with a user
interface & it should run a wm. What wm would you choose? And what code
would be useless if the system were keyboardless?

Think of an embedded information terminal with only a touch screen for
example. Bla bla bla... I think I could make a point here if I wanted
to...

...but. Since rp is open source any ways the one feeling the need can
hack out the keyboard handling when they build that memory tight
embedded system. It would really make things unnecissary complicated for
normal rp users to totally exclude keyboard command.

An other question that arises though. How about abstracting everything
X related? How much bigger would that make rp?  It would be useful for
porting rp to the berlin project or athenaos i guess? And someone said a
couple of words about ms windows.

As always, I'm not going to code it. I'm a luser, worthless in the arts
of hacking.
--
/Martin