Re: [RP] mouse stuff (you guys are gonna kill me for this one)

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] mouse stuff (you guys are gonna kill me for this one)
Date: Tue Sep 23 20:12:14 2003

Here's my two cents:

Adding mouse input methods (i.e. `bind mouse1 <foo>`) seems a good idea to me
because
  *It gives people more choice
  *It's simple and shouldn't take much code, it fits with the configuration.
Sawfish illustrates this.
  *It will rope more people into using RP; wean them off mice.

The two things I cede pointer usage to is graphic design and web browsing.  As
you say, the latter is because of stupid web designers[0].  The reason for the
former is deeper.  It is because mice are analog with few controls, while the
keyboard is digital with many controls.  Graphic design MUST have input devices
that are part or all analog.  But I guess you all know that...

On the mozilla thing, what's the key to go to the SECOND link, after it's found
the first (like `n' in less(1))?  Is there a doc somewhere with all the
keyboard bindings for mozilla?

-trent

[0] Or more correctly, their PHBs.