Re: [RP] mouse stuff (you guys are gonna kill me for this one)

From: Chris Beggy
Subject: Re: [RP] mouse stuff (you guys are gonna kill me for this one)
Date: Mon Sep 22 19:20:15 2003

On 22 Sep 2003, fist_187 <address@hidden> wrote:

> i dont want to see ratpoison all of a sudden sell out to boatload of
> mouse functionality.  i just think it shouldn't be overlooked in the
> interface design.  i think the mouse should have a niche, however small,
> in the control of ratpoison.

Are you really being honest with yourself?

Aren't you really hooked on pointing and clicking the seductive
little boxes when you get the urge?

Some of those links are so cute and colorful and mysterious that
you just have to mouse-over them to see if they change colors.
Whee!

Maybe you shouldn't blame ratpoison for the fact that
your girlfriend nags you about not being able to borrow your
computer because "the mouse doesn't open and close windows for me!"

Aren't you torn between hanging with the extreme ratpoison crowd
and your desire to spin the wheel of carpal tunnel roulette which
only the rat can supply?

After all, the rat buttons aren't disabled by ratpoison, are
they?  Your problem isn't with RP, is it?  You've got a rat on
your back man.

Why not just emulate RP with maximized windows in virtual
workspaces in a window manager that provides all the
pointy-clicky-pointy nickel bags your rat can eat?

Satirically,

Chris