Re: [RP] speaking of keyboard enthusiasts!

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] speaking of keyboard enthusiasts!
Date: Wed Nov 19 09:44:02 2003

IMO that guy is a bit of a nut-case. Personally, I think he'd be
happier if he more or less gave up the kinesis on-board
programmability and switched to xmodmap. He could probably get rid of
the clunky box full of extra keys that way, since xmodmap gives you
(as a rough lower estimate)

6 (columns) *4 (rows)*2 (wells)= 48 extra keysyms.

Double that if you're willing to press Shift+Mode_switch+<key>, which
I no longer am. I think 48 is plenty for anybody.

But different strokes for different folks, I guess (yeah, yeah, pun
intended).

Joe

PS. This chatter makes me think that a ratpoison+emacs configuration
share-in could be profitable.  My emacs config files are at

http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/d/favprograms/

Perhaps the most relevant defns for this crowd are as follows:

(global-set-key [?\C-.] (make-keymap))
(global-set-key [?\C-,] (make-keymap))
(global-set-key [?\C-'] (make-keymap))
(global-set-key [?\C-\;] (make-keymap))

Can't promise that this or anything else will be novel or
interesting, but whatever. Pls no flame about my novice lisping
style.