Re: [RP] RP-EXC The RatPoison Embedded Xterm Console patch

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] RP-EXC The RatPoison Embedded Xterm Console patch
Date: Mon Jan 12 01:15:02 2004

"Joshua Neuheisel" <address@hidden> writes:

> This falls into the enough-talk-let's-see-your-patches department.
> You wanted an embedded xterm, you've got it.  You wanted color escape
> sequences and pretty fonts, you've got it.  You wanted to issue
> non-interactive commands in interactive mode, you've got it.
>

> After applying the attached patch against the current CVS, configure
> with the --enable-exc switch to turn it on.

Wow, this patch is SICK. I...don't know what to say :). I'm intrigued
by it.

Couldn't it have been done as a seperate program that communicates
through the existing remote command code (with some patching of
course)? It seems a bit much to have it in core ratpoison.

Have others played around with this?

Joshua, what sort of uses have you found for it? and...WHY did you
write it?? (not that it's a BAD thing, I'm just amazed that you did!)

--
Shawn