Re: [RP] Firefox, Just Sit Down and Shut Up! --postscript

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: [RP] Firefox, Just Sit Down and Shut Up! --postscript
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:27:51 -0800

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 11:18:07PM -0800, TBlittlefoot wrote:
> How the hell do you get apps like firefox to behave?
> I want it to open with the rp manual in workspace 2
> (from a script called in my ratpoisonrc) and just sit
> there and shut up until I switch to that workspace
> and that window.
>
> In case you can't tell, this just pisses me off. Firefox
> comes with an option to block popups but is itself a
> popup.
>
> Any guidance here would be much appreciated.

I should have noted that with rudeness set to 0 before
running the rpwas* scripts, and then adding a 5 second sleep
after setting up the second workspace, then setting the rudeness
back to 15, it works.

But it is a complete horror show of competing and flashing screens.
for a couple of seconds. Looks like my computer is trying to explode.

Tom