Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:59:58 +1100

    Kipling> File bugs with programs that don't follow ICCCM. File
    Kipling> bugs with programs that have lame behavior, even if it is
    Kipling> "technically correct".  Modify programs and send patches.
    Kipling> I modified pidgin to name its conversation window
    Kipling> "conversation" rather than the name of whoever's
    Kipling> conversation is focused--this makes using my framing
    Kipling> script a little easier as I don't have to select a
    Kipling> particular person to converse with and it won't get
    Kipling> messed up if someone IMs me before the conversation
    Kipling> window is properly framed. I still have to open the
    Kipling> conversation window, which I haven't yet dealt with, and
    Kipling> pidgin is still otherwise a hassle, so I think this one
    Kipling> is a lost cause but I think I've illustrated my point.

Encourage more people to use window managers like ratpoison.

On the surface, these window managers look slow, clumsy, out-dated,
inefficient, etc.

Its not until you start using them, that you realize the reverse is
true.

However, you do have to free yourself from the concept that you have
to have full control over the exact positions of every window.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>