Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!

From: Mark Eichin
Subject: Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:19:49 -0500

> Another option is to run a fake or proxy X server that's acting as a
> firewall--screening, filtering and forwarding packets between clients
> and the real X server. This requires duplicating the server-side X11

Take a look at xmove, it has pretty much the same "moving parts"
you're talking about.

(The whole problem is made trickier because of the major performance
hack that X is built around - most requests have *no* response
packets, the client just predicts the answer and assumes it, the
server responds with (asynchronous) errors if it won't have been
correct.  So while you can avoid performing operations, you can't
actually "lie" to the client, because it isn't listening to you :-)