Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:46:28 -0800

Hi Steve,
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 12:13:51AM -0800, Steve Folta wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2007 12:03 AM, TBlittlefoot <address@hidden> wrote:
> > And then firefox busts out of group ws2 and appears in group ws1 too!
>
> I wouldn't be so quick to blame Firefox for that.  That happens to me
> occasionally, and not just with Firefox.

Gaim does that too. So I ditched it.

> Alt-Tabbing usually returns
> the workspace to normal (I have Alt-Tab set up to do "next").

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

> Either Ratpoison has an intermittent bug in groups, or groups are not
> quite a perfect basis for workspaces.  I suspect there's a race
> condition involved somewhere...

I'd be inclined to blame xorg/xfree86 for writing code that allows
people to write apps that behave like spoiled children:

"Look at me! Drop whatever you are doing, because it isn't important.
Only ME is important. Look at me!"

Piss on that. This is my computer. It's like my home. When someone
comes in my home they behave themselves or they leave. I set the
standards for behavior, not some coder somewhere.

Cheers,

Tom