Re: [RP] Ratpoison on the OLPC XO

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison on the OLPC XO
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:50:28 -0800

On Feb 11, 2008 10:35 PM, Bill Clementson <address@hidden> wrote:

I was able to get ratpoison running on a Xubuntu install on the XO;
however, I encountered some problems when trying to run it on the
Fedora-base install that comes standard on the XO. I posted a comment
about this on the OLPC forum:
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1955.msg15262#msg15262

There was some comment on my post (and I see that you Shawn also made
a comment). Heng was able to suggest a patch (see here:
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1955.msg15609#msg15609) that
allowed me to at least get ratpoison to compile and run. However, the
default font that ratpoison uses is way too small to be usable on the
small XO.

You can change the font with C-t : set font
Does that help?

Heng suggested (see here:
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1955.msg15948#msg15948) that
adding support for Xft might be the solution, but that sounds like a
lot of work.

I replied to his message in the olpc forum.

-Shawn