reproduce-devel

[task #15586] A webpage for Maneage

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15586] A webpage for Maneage
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 14:35:50 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #8, task #15586 (project reproduce):

I was just talking to Surena today (his email is added to this task) and he
also expressed interest in helping out with the webpage. He is also familiar
back-end features in the future (for example adding a Wiki, or a user data
base and etc).

For now, a simple static page for maneage.org is enough to start with. As time
goes on, we may need things like a wiki. Although I am not too sure if we do
actually need it: committing changes to simple static pages in Git, is much
more simple then having to use third-party systems (commonly with their own
Javascript tools) and maintain a user database (to give permissions to edit
the wiki), while being compliant with things like GDPR and etc. Currently I
feel that maintaining all these things (user information in particular, then
Javascript) will be a nightmare and will take a lot of energy that we could
spend on the actual project.

But I am not closed to the idea: if a responsible solution (a good Javascript,
with ethical usage of private user information) exists, and it also doesn't
take too much energy to maintain, we can consider it. Let's see....

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15586>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/