Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Web CVS server unavailable

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Web CVS server unavailable
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:59:32 GMT

In addition to what Bob said ...

    What about providing rsync/ssh access like for nongnu.org?

For the umpteenth time: www.gnu.org (and ftp.gnu.org and alpha.gnu.org
and ...) is controlled by FSF sysadmin.  Not us Savannah volunteers.  We
have no more access to it than you do.  There are plenty of possible
solutions, but we cannot implement them.  You want changes, talk to
them.

    Itœôòùs clear that CVS is a hindrance for such purposes so if thereœôòùs
    another possibility,

Ludo, why must we go through this yet again?  Surely you know perfectly
well by now that there is no other possibility at present.  And if any
changes happen, they surely will not happen quickly.  So fix your tool
-- just running the output through fmt comes to mind, HTML being what it
is.  Or something like that.

Or: stop hosting your web pages through savannah -- having your own site
at guix.gnu.org comes to mind.  Talk to the FSF about it.  There is
nothing we can do to set that up.  Good luck.

Karl