Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Web CVS server unavailable

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Web CVS server unavailable
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:33:09 -0600

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> In the meantime, I’ve changed the code that generates HTML to insert
> newlines; revision 1.294 of this file that I just committed is more
> RCS-friendly.
>
> Feel free to remove history for that file if it’s possible!

Thanks!  I am planning on doing something about this as soon as I get
some free moments.  But if we ever converge about making this a
dynamic page elsewhere then this file can just be dropped without
doing anything.

> >> What about providing rsync/ssh access like for nongnu.org?  After all,
> >> HTML pages that get displayed are often not source nowadays, so people
> >> could use a separate repo for the source and simply rsync the HTML.
> >
> > Like for nongnu.org?  I have only been actively working on the system
> > for five years or so now.  I haven't had time to learn *everything*
> > that is happening everywhere upon it.  :-)  To what access for
> > nongnu.org are you referring to?
>
> My mistake: nongnu.org releases are uploaded over scp, but web pages are
> uploaded over CVS as for gnu.org:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomepageUpload/
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea/

Right.

>>Bob Proulx wrote:
>>> What is the input source feeding into that script?

You didn't answer my question about what inputs go into your script.
If it is something within my control I might be able to help set up a
dynamic page for you.  But if I don't know then I can't even think
about it.

Bob