[Savannah-hackers] Re: XML::DOM on fencepost

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: XML::DOM on fencepost
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:05:55 -0400

   I help the savannah project. I currently implement the possibility to
   create mailing lists related to savannah projects. Fo this, I will use a
   cron job on fencepost that will retrieve and parse a XML dump of a part
   of the Savannah database. The problem is that I need XML::DOM for that
   purpose. Since perl has not been installed as a Debian package, there is
   no easy way to install it. So I plan to install it from the source.
   Thus I'd like to know if you have comments on this and if you could
   provide some pointers about the GNU Perl policy.

What exactly are you planning to do with the output of your script?

We can configure exim to have multiple aliases files for a single
domain; we might want to do something like have
/com/mailer/savannah-aliases-gnu.org and
/com/mailer/savannah-aliases-whatever.other.domain

I would be much happier doing that than having you writing a script
that mangles /com/mailer/aliases.