Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Hosting user groups on Savannah

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Hosting user groups on Savannah
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:57:53 +0100

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:21:46PM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
>       Please note that only <em>software projects</em> and
>       <em>software documentation projects</em> are currently being
>       accepted in Savannah. Even though Savannah includes tools for
>       cooperative working which could help free software associations
>       in their tasks, hosting more general projects raises some
>       complications that we are not prepared to handle.
>
> With those words we seem to be criticizing our own policy.
> We should never use that tone in our statements to the public.
>
> Do you see what I mean?
I think I do; the "even though..." clause was only meant to explain that we
are already aware that Savannah could be used for non-software projects, but it
may be perceived as a critique to our policy, as you point out.

> > If so, can you please try again, and avoid that tone?

Well, I'll give it a second shot; how about this:?
    Please note that currently we are only accepting <em>software projects</em>
    and <em>software documentation projects</em> in Savannah.

I think we cannot simply say that Savannah is only for software-related
projects, because the public can easily see that there are already several
non-software projects hosted.

Greetings,

Jaime Villate