[Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving GNATS development to the GNU site

From: law
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving GNATS development to the GNU site
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:21:27 -0500

  > - To stop at a given time the write access to GNATS CVS and BTS and to
  >   disable the mailing lists.  The CVSROOT and BTS database archives
  >   should remain accessible via rsync as they're now so that we can move
  >   them to the GNU site.  Is there some way to get easily the mailing
  >   lists archives as well?
It should be pretty easy to shut down write access to the GNATS CVS tree,
but leave rsync read access in place so that you can download the bits to
the GNU site.

The mbox archives should be easy to suck down.  The ones that will be more
interesting will be those which don't have an mbox format available for
download.  Those probably also pre-date our use of qmail, so I don't think
we can just suck them out of the qmail archive.  I'm not sure what the best
solution for those older archives will be.

  > - One special thing needed is to get the list of subscribers of the
  >   GNATS mailing lists so that we can subscribe them to the newly
  >   established mailing lists.
That's easy for us to get to you.  Let us know when and we'll send you
the subscriber list and shut down new subscriptions.

  > - It would be nice if the old mailing list addresses could be forwarded
  >   to the new lists and http://sources.redhat.com/gnats could be
  >   redirected to http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats for some time, if
  >   possible.
That should be relatively easy.