[Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving GNATS development to the GNU site

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving GNATS development to the GNU site
Date: 14 Nov 2001 10:19:18 +0100

    JM> FWIW the move doesn't have to happen down to the millisecond.
    JM> The mailing list subscription changes slowly - you could set up
    JM> the new list with the subscribers right now and then set up a
    JM> redirection at an appointed time.  You can tell the handful of
    JM> people with gnats cvs write access to not change anything.  Same
    JM> thing with the gnats bug database.

You're probably right.  Jeffrey, could you please send me the lists of
subscribers of all the lists as the first step?

    JM> All of the mail archives are availble by rsync.  cf
    JM> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/overseers/2001-q4/msg00141.html

    JM> The mbox ones are in the ftp site; the mhonarc ones are detailed
    JM> in that note.

Thanks for the info.

    JM> "BTS" == Bug Tracking System.  I've never seen anyone but Milan
    JM> use that, so I'm guessing no one else on overseers will
    JM> understand.  ;-)

The bug tracking system is also used by Yngve and, believe or not :-),
users sometimes report bugs too.  So the users need to be stopped for a
while, there is no problem with moving the database itself.

    JM> Note to person doing the move - I probably did something
    JM> reasonable for the guile list when that moved to gnu.org; you
    JM> might want to look at what I did to the config.  (it was a year
    JM> ago, I have no idea any longer.)

Thanks.

    JM> Ah, and leave all the web archives of the mailing lists in place
    JM> on sourceware for the forseeable future.  The search engines
    JM> will have pointers into them, and people looking for gnats stuff
    JM> should get directed to a sane place.

Good idea.

    JM> No wait, I bet this is one of those European 24-hour things
    JM> ("12:00" == noon),

Yes. :-)

    JM> so that'd be 4am PST Thursday?

I think so.  The idea is that the actions on sources.redhat.com can be
done during Thursday local time, if overseers are not too busy that day.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
Why waste keystrokes when you can waste CPU cycles instead?
                                                Karl Fogel