[Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving GNATS development to the GNU site

From: law
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving GNATS development to the GNU site
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:14:50 -0500

  >     JM> FWIW the move doesn't have to happen down to the millisecond.
  >     JM> The mailing list subscription changes slowly - you could set up
  >     JM> the new list with the subscribers right now and then set up a
  >     JM> redirection at an appointed time.  You can tell the handful of
  >     JM> people with gnats cvs write access to not change anything.  Same
  >     JM> thing with the gnats bug database.
  >
  > You're probably right.  Jeffrey, could you please send me the lists of
  > subscribers of all the lists as the first step?
Done in a separate message.  I've also turned off the subscribe/unsubscribe
mechanisms so the list subscription won't change.

Let me know when you've got the new lists set up and I'll put in a forwarder
(and remove all the subscribers from our side).

  >     JM> All of the mail archives are availble by rsync.  cf
  >     JM> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/overseers/2001-q4/msg00141.html
  >
  >     JM> The mbox ones are in the ftp site; the mhonarc ones are detailed
  >     JM> in that note.
  >
  > Thanks for the info.
I'll assume that unless you tell me that you'll take care of sucking down
the mail archives yourself.

  >     JM> "BTS" == Bug Tracking System.  I've never seen anyone but Milan
  >     JM> use that, so I'm guessing no one else on overseers will
  >     JM> understand.  ;-)
  >
  > The bug tracking system is also used by Yngve and, believe or not :-),
  > users sometimes report bugs too.  So the users need to be stopped for a
  > while, there is no problem with moving the database itself.
Do you just want me to tar up the gnats bug database?

  >     JM> No wait, I bet this is one of those European 24-hour things
  >     JM> ("12:00" == noon),
  >
  > Yes. :-)
  >
  >     JM> so that'd be 4am PST Thursday?
  >
  > I think so.  The idea is that the actions on sources.redhat.com can be
  > done during Thursday local time, if overseers are not too busy that day.
Oh well, I happen to be sleeping at 4am most days :-)

Let me know when you want to turn off write access to the CVS tree...  Or
when you want me to tar up the bug database and shut it down too.
jeff