Re: [Savannah-hackers] Is there a limitation on the project type?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Is there a limitation on the project type?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:49:42 +0100

Patrick Ohnewein writes:
 > Hello loic,
 >
 > I have one more question, couldn't find any real statement about it on
 > savannah nor on the JavaGNU page. Is it possible to use the jdk1.3.x or
 > may be jdk1.4 from SUN to develop free java progs or do I have to use
 > gcj and the Kaffe VM? I would like to use SUNs VM and javac or may be
 > jikes from IBM because of limitation of the Kaffe VM and of the gcj.

        What you use to develop is of no consequence to anyone, except
for yourself. When distributing the Free Software you produce, it is
of great consequence to everyone if it can only be run using non free
software.

        Now, your question is probably : would java byte code
generated by the sun jdk run on kaffe ? That I cannot say, maybe Nic
can give you an answer.

        Cheers,