[Savannah-hackers] Re: Autoconf @ Red Hat

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Autoconf @ Red Hat
Date: 21 Mar 2002 10:42:20 +0100

>> There remains one service we would like to keep: the GNATS base.
>> It is still actively used.

Christopher> I have removed the web page.

Thank you!

Christopher> I would appreciate it if you would move the GNATS
Christopher> database elsewhere, though.

Unfortunately we don't have alternatives :(  That's one of the major
lacks of Savannah wrt Sourceware.

Christopher> It doesn't make sense for this to be hosted on
Christopher> sourceware.  Is autoconf-prs still active?  I assume that
Christopher> it is getting GNATS traffic.

Yes, it does.

Christopher> Also, what's the status of autoconf-maintainers.  Should
Christopher> that be deleted, too?

You are right, it should.  I'll open one on gnu.org.  Could you send
me the list of the members?

Christopher> I would prefer if all autoconf related things were moved
Christopher> from sources.redhat.com since it seems like this would
Christopher> result in much less confusion for everybody.

I agree, but unfortunately, we would still like to use your GNATS base
:(  I hope this is not too much of a problem for you.

People, how should the GNU ML should be named?  autoconf-maintainers?
autoconf-devel?  autoconf-sc?  There seems to be several conventions
running on Savannah.  Do the Savannah people have a preference?