Re: [Savannah-hackers] Websites For GNU Projects

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Websites For GNU Projects
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:57:50 +0100

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:17:04PM -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> I am a maintainer for several GNU projects but have only setup websites the
> old way, not the new way.
You should definitely move to the new way. It will ease the task of future
generations of webmasters.

> Can someone guide me through what I need to do
> get a auto cvs co for a website for fsf-contacts and gnubiz projects on
> savannah?

1- If you have not register in Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org) yet, you
should do it by using the "New user via SSL" link on the left-han menu.

2- Once you're registered and you have logged in, the "New user" link
on the left-side bar dissapears and you will see a "Register New Project"
link. Follow it to register a project for each of the directories of the
website that you maintain. In the 4th step (license) you should choose
"web-site only" among the choices of license.

3- Wait until you get a message telliing you that the project was approved and
with some instructions on how to proceed. If the instructions sent by the
welcoming message are not enough to get you started, please let you know and
we will help you (and modify the welcoming message to help others in the same
situation).

Cheers,
Jaime