[Savannah-hackers] Re: Websites For GNU Projects

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Websites For GNU Projects
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:25:39 -0700

>       Just submit a project to Savannah and explain which subdirectory of
> the www.gnu.org web site you whish to manage. Chose a "website only" license
> and the project will be bound to this specific directory.
>
>       When this is done, moving to the CVS page of the project will
> explain how to use the HTML CVS tree. Whenever you commit a file in this
> tree it will immediately show on the www.gnu.org web site.
>
>       Let us know if this is still unclear,
Still COMPLETELY unclear, I have read the documentation as well.  Both projects
already exist on savannah, I merely need to know where to checkin the website
files so they will be automatically checked out.  Also, I see no distinguishly
clear way to upload the any files for downloads. (i.e. to ftp.gnu.org or where
ever)

For GNU Enterprise we have a www/ directory under gnue/ that if we put
something in there it is automatically checked out on commit.  Maybe I am not
sane thinking that savannah will work the same way?

-Derek