Re: [Savannah-hackers] snapshots

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] snapshots
Date: 18 Apr 2002 23:51:53 -0400

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 18:08, Loic Dachary wrote:

> Mathieu Roy writes:
>  > In fact, according to a precedent mail, there's already daily CVS tree
>  > snapshot
>
>       The CVS tarbals you mention are backups of the CVS tree. Although
> they could be used as CVS snapshots, Colin was probably refering to a
> daily cvs export + tar. Which is what /usr/subversions/snapshots/tarsend.sh
> provides, IIRC.

Yes, that's basically what we want, although it would be much more
useful if we were able to also run extra commands.  For example, there
was discussion on the emacs-devel list about switching to an autogen.sh
script, and removing the "configure" file and friends from CVS.

We would however want the CVS snapshots (like the released tarballs) to
have "configure", so auto{conf,make}, etc. would need to be run at after
cvs export.