Re: [Savannah-hackers] snapshots

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] snapshots
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:08:23 +0200

Colin Walters writes:

 > Yes, that's basically what we want, although it would be much more
 > useful if we were able to also run extra commands.  For example, there
 > was discussion on the emacs-devel list about switching to an autogen.sh
 > script, and removing the "configure" file and friends from CVS.
 >
 > We would however want the CVS snapshots (like the released tarballs) to
 > have "configure", so auto{conf,make}, etc. would need to be run at after
 > cvs export.

        Since what you're willing to do is likely to be specific to Emacs
it probably does not make sense to re-use and adapt a generic mechanism.
Would it be convenient to have a cron script doing the job on a random
GNU server + copy the resulting tarbal on the relevant machine (alpha.gnu.org
I guess) ? Or it can be done on a Debian machine if more convenient for you.

        In any case, I'm unsure how we (savannah-hackers) can help on
this specific issue. Am I mistaken in some way ?

        Cheers,