Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Velosurf Java dependency

From: Claude
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Velosurf Java dependency
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:42:34 +0200

Thanx.

> > Nic wrote :
> > Ok. So Velosurf requires Velocity? Veolcity is licenced under the
 >> Apache licence, I don't think that is compatible with the GPL (am I
 >> right? Loic?)

> Loic wrote :
>That's correct, they are incompatible.

I had noticed the difference, but I thought that somehow, the apache licence
being less restrictive, an apache-licenced project
could be use in a GPL project (which I like because of the way it tries to
promote freeware). Nevermind. (And by the way, speeking
of licences, isn't the Caucho licence quite close to the GPL one ?)

> Nic wrote :
> So Claude can either change the licence to something that does work or
> submit the project somewhere else.
>
> Claude, have you considered asking the velocity people if they want
> to accept your code? They're good guys and doing some interesting
> stuff... since your project is based on velocity it might be the best
> thing to do anyway!

Yes, you're quite right... and that's what I'm gonna do...
but Savannah's so nice and warm (sniff...)

> Nic wrote :
> I'm in the process of making GNU Paperclips work on GCJ.

I would be glad to spend some time on this project, if I can help.
First, I'll post the problems I encountered on the Paperclips mailing lists.

AmitiƩs,

CloD