Re: [Savannah-hackers] How to fight spam on GNU mailing lists

From: mathieu
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:32:15 +0200

Le ven 26 avr 2002 à 11h22, address@hidden a écrit :
mathieu <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it too.
> If there's already a (or several) configuration file for banning
> adresses on fencepost, it seems to me simple to :
>   - add a system that permit anyone to easily add by a www interface
or
> a mail any spam adresses, open relay SMTP
>   - the configurations files should be managed via cvs (so we know
who
> is doing what), for example on a dedicated project on savannah
>   - the fencepost machine should get on a cron job the updated
> configurations files

Hmmm... I think you'll have to talk to the fencepost admins about
that.

They may not want the config managed through CVS.

That was just an idea, since CVS is a good way to keep version history, and if we want that any project admin can add entry to the blacklist, we need to keep this kind of informations. I dont know how is the config of mailman, if blacklist can be separated file than others informations.

--
mathieu
* http://humeur.coleumes.org Pourquoi il est vain de combattre le Front National en récitant des faits des années 1930... *